What do you get from our monthly membership?
Membership is suitable for writers, publishers, authors (published and self-published), literary service providers and bookstores. Included in the membership fee is a mini-website which has the following features:
- A multi-level event feature that informs the global community when and where you are presenting your book-related product.
- The ability to connect by friending global community members such as bookstores, libraries, publishers and more.
- The unique browsing function means that you can be found easily.
- An online bookstore selling facility for your own book (e-book and physical book). Actual sales take place on your website.
- Links to your social media pages such as Twitter, Facebook and more.
- You can upload a short-film of your book-trailer, interview or bookstore giving readers a virtual experience of your book-related product.
I am a reader. What can LiteraryGlobe do for me?
We offer membership to readers free of any charge. Your profile will never appear on the globe.
- You can discover new bookstores, rate books and be eligible for special offers.
- You can discover new authors.
- You can find book villages, national or international book fairs.
- You can sit among the locals by joining a book group meeting, author reading or bookstore event.
How can the LiteraryGlobe help with my book marketing?
Your book-marketing starts from day one and continues with your writing. Even books that have been traditionally published need to continue the marketing process. For some authors, this can be an overwhelming and daunting task.
By becoming a member you will have your own mini-website with all the necessary marketing links for your book marketing. The various links are a step-by-step guideline. For example, you need to include a Facebook link. Have you started your Facebook page? You need to include a YouTube link. Have you completed your author interview or book trailer?
This step-by-step link guideline will help boost your book marketing campaign leaving you with more time to write and taking the confusion out of self-publishing. The mini-website has the following features:
- A multi-level event feature that informs the global community when and where you are presenting your book.
- The ability to connect by friending community members, bookstores, libraries and more.
- The unique browse functionality means that you can be found easily by readers and others.
- An online bookstore selling facility for your own book (e-book and physical book). Fulfillment takes places on your website.
- Links to your social media pages such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more.
- You can upload a short-film of your book-trailer or interview giving readers a virtual experience and promoting your book.
- Your profile can be viewed in 2D and 3D.
The advantage of this is that you do not have web-development and domain costs. This is a good start and if your writing career develops you can consider building your own website.
I host a collaborative writing or critique group. What can the LiteraryGlobe do for us?
Once you have created a profile you can file-share your work with other members of your group and limit access. You can set your access limit to only you, few or public. You can chat with the individual members, tell the community when and where you will be meeting, what your expectations or type of group is and what date the next meeting will be on. This way you will most likely attract more like-minded writers.
I host a book reading group. What can the LiteraryGlobe do for us?
Once you have created a profile you can chat with individual book group members, rate books, list the book that you are currently reading, when and where you will be meeting, and other important expectations such as who is bringing the wine. You can write your group review for your reading book on your profile page and you can share it with other reading groups or readers. This way a reader not from your group could make an unusual book suggestion. You can list the next book and when the next meeting will be so that the date will be in front of everyone's mind. This way your reading group will attract more like-minded readers with similar expectations.
Who can benefit with a membership to LiteraryGlobe?
Aspiring writers, authors (published and self-published), bookstore owners and avid readers—virtually anyone connected to the world of books—will benefit from membership to LiteraryGlobe. No matter where you are in the literary world, you'll gain marketing expertise, connections with potential audiences, and a focused marketplace for literary services.
For whom has this platform been created?
This platform is suited for readers, writers, publishers, authors (published and self-published) and literary service providers who are able to offer their services to writers, bookstores, and publishers.
What type of events can I create?
You can create multiple events on your profile such as; author readings, book awards, book groups, book fairs, book cafes, critique groups, free book depository locations, home book sales, literary related theatre, story reading, university writing programs, writing retreats and writing workshops. If we are missing any other literary-related event please email us and we will add them.
I have a bookstore. Can LiteraryGlobe help me?
The bookstore is the heart of the literary community. We love bookstores and we wish to support them. It's our mission to return readers to them. To make this possible we need you to register with us and complete a professional profile.
What's in it for a bookstore
I am a Literary Service Provider. Can the Literary Globe help me?
This part of the Literary Globe is dedicated towards organizations that all have a literary base such as writing programs, literary nonprofits, literary theater (plays based on books), book distributors, book towns, literary agents, reading rooms, book drop-off points, editors, copy-writers, bloggers, reading groups and more. If we haven’t listed your literary service provider category email us and we will add it to the Literary Globe.
What's in it for a literary service provider:
- A mini-website with all the necessary features to connect, promote and sell your product or service.
- Access to our readers and writers. A targeted and focused marketplace for your services.
- A one-stop-shop for your customers where they can find and contact you directly.
- A customized profile to support your business and expertise. Links to your own website, promotional videos, and a listing of your products and services.
You might list the books that you have translated, ghost-written, illustrated or edited. Add testimonials, professional qualifications, or memberships of professional organizations. You can also advertise an exhibition of book illustrations, an open day at a writing-school, a coffee morning on the benefits of employing a ghost-writer.
I'm a published or self-published author. Can LiteraryGlobe help me?
What's in it for a published or self-published author:
- You can friend other bookstores that are selling your books. As well as new or existing readers and publishers. This will help you keep track of your book.
- You can create a direct business link to your own bookstore.
- Your profile is mobile friendly this means that our readers can find you quickly.
- You can upload a short-film to promote your book to new readers.
- You can create events and readers can follow, attend your book launches and/or discussions.
- You can keep the community informed by giving updated info such as when the new book will become available, re-ordering additional copies or in some cases ask for collection.
- You can sell directly to readers by way of linking to Amazon, Book Depository or any other affiliated program.
I have joined the LiteraryGlobe. What documents can I upload?
You can upload scripts, articles, stories and poetry In fact, anything to do with your written word. So you or several people can work or share work simultaneously. Or you can make it available to the literary community. But you decide by limiting access to your work.
Can I sell my physical and e-books through LiteraryGlobe?
You can sell your book and e-book through LiteraryGlobe. First, you need to create a profile and in my bookstore you can upload your book Fulfillment takes places on your website.
We are a library. Can LiteraryGlobe help us?
What's in it for a library:
- You get a mini-website and you can promote, connect and sell books.
- You can leave interesting notes or articles about the library for the community.
- This will give the literary community practical info about the library such as opening times, what readers can do and how they can contribute to the library.
- By creating events on the event page you can let our community know about future events so that other readers may join.
As a traditional publisher, can LiteraryGlobe help us?
What's in it for a publisher:
- You can communicate and promote books to the community by friending readers, bookstores and literary service providers.
- You can reduce the slush-pile by viewing manuscripts electronically.
- You can link e-books and books to your bookstore.
- You can put out calls such as what type of submissions or publishing requests you are looking for all in a single place!
I have a book town. Can LiteraryGlobe help us?
What's in it for a book town:
- By creating a profile this can have details of the book town such as location, opening season and what visitors can expect.
- By creating an event you can inform the community about when the book town season begins or ends.
- You can upload a short-film of your book town giving visitors a virtual experience of your book town.
I am a book fair organiser. Can LiteraryGlobe help us?
- By creating a profile you can inform the community about your book fairs. Giving information such as location, presentations/discussions and what visitors can expect.
- By creating events you can let the community know what you are promoting and when.
- You can upload a short-film of your book fair giving readers a virtual experience.