Terms & Conditions
Literary Globe & Academy Agreement. Terms and conditions.
Saturday, December 02, 2017
This Agreement provides the terms and conditions of your participation in the Literary Globe Academy registered in Amsterdam K.V.K 34215076 and Registered as “LiteraryGlobe/EnglishBookshop.
This agreement is currently only available in English. Given the importance of this agreement, we would like you to study the agreement carefully, should you have any questions please email info@LiteraryGlobe.com and I will respond. This legal contract falls under Dutch law. For ease of writing the contract covers digital book, physical book, video and digital voice recordings. If you do not accept the terms and conditions of the Literary Globe & Academy you will not be allowed to use the Literary Globe and Academy.
1. Agreement Acceptance: By simply registering you already agree to the terms and conditions. Or, your continued participation in the Literary Globe and Academy. Will also indicate acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the Literary Globe and Academy. This agreement is a binding agreement between the writer’s, literary service provider’s, bookstores, publishers and Literary Globe & Academy or www.literaryglobe.com.
2. Agreement Amendment: The Literary Globe and Academy website will change over time and this will mean that the terms and conditions will also change. We reserve the right to make the necessary changes when applicable. We will inform you of the changes to the terms and conditions by posting the new version with a revised date on the Literary Globe and Academy website. The changes will be effective and immediate on the date we post them. You are responsible for checking for updates and your continuation of the Literary Globe & Academy after we have made the changes will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
3. Changes to the grant of rights or grant of authority: Changes to the terms of this agreement will be effective and binding on you from the date of posting or on the date you accept the changes, whichever first occurs. By simply registering you agree to the terms and conditions OR by the continued use of the Literary Globe and Academy account. If you do not accept or agree with the changes, you must withdraw your digital books from further distribution through the Literary Globe & Academy and deactivate your use of the Literary Globe & Academy account.
4. Term and Termination: The term of this Agreement will begin upon your acceptance and will continue until it is either terminated by Literary Globe & Academy or by you.
5. We are entitled to terminate this Agreement and your access to the Literary Globe & Academy at any time. We will notify you of termination. You are entitled to terminate at any time. We may also suspend your Literary Globe & Academy account at any time with or without notice to you, for discretionary reasons.
6. Literary Globe & Academy is not liable for any false information posted on the Literary Globe or expenses incurred due to false information posted on the website. We will do our very best to ensure that all the information is relevant and up-to-date but from time-to-time things might go wrong.
7. If you have a legal dispute arising from a 3rd party you will need to remove the e-book or book from sale until the legal issue has been settled.
8. Public Information: Please be clear that when you create a profile you agree that your information placed on the Literary Globe is exposed to the internet and therefore made public.
9. The monthly payment €9,95 per month for the Literary Globe & Academy and this includes; being part of the Academy’s coaching platform, all the e-learning material, making the e-book available for sale. The Literary Globe can accept a maximum of 3 e-books or book per customer.
10. Payment is made monthly and cancellation can be made any time for the following month. No long-term commitment is necessary.
11. Refunds will be only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
12. We accept all major credit cards including PayPal, ideal (for Dutch customers) and Molly.
13. Sales price: You are free to sell your e-book, using PayPal (to including VAT and all local taxes) at an appropriate price that you deem suitable. The Literary Globe & Academy takes no royalties or management free from the sale of your e-book. You are entitled to 100% of the sale price. We wish you the best of luck.
14. Sale of e-book dispute: If a payment dispute arises from the sale of your e-book between the author i.e. the seller and the buyer i.e. the reader then please contact PayPal to settle the dispute. The Literary Globe & Academy is not involved in the sale transaction between these 2 parties or any parties.
The Literary Globe & Academy takes no responsibility or liability for any e-book sale.
15. Taxes. You are responsible for all local taxes (e.g. VAT) and such like. You are responsible for any local taxes or income taxes that you might be liable for. Please consult your local accountant or tax advisor for more information.
The Literary Globe & Academy takes no responsibility or liability for any e-book sale.
16. Eligibility and registration:
a) You must be the age of majority where you reside, that you are of sound mind and able to form a legally binding contract. A parent or guardian of a minor can open a Literary Globe & Academy account and act as a publisher on behalf of the minor’s digital book.
b) Account information: No multiple accounts: You must ensure that all relevant information e.g. your name, address, and email is accurate and kept up to date. You may maintain only 1 account at a time. If we terminate your account, you will not be allowed to establish a new account. You will not use false identification or impersonate any other person or use a username or password you are not authorized to use. You authorize us, directly, to send relevant emails relating to the Literary Globe & Academy.
c) Account Security: You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Literary Globe & Academy username and password. You are responsible for all the Literary Activities that occur under your Literary Globe & Academy account and will not use the Literary Globe & Academy account of a 3rd party. You will notify us immediately firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any unauthorized use of your username, password or account.
17. Digital Book Distribution rights:
a) Delivery: You must upload & display your e-book jacket cover format to us, at your own expense each Digital Book that you would like to distribute through the Literary Globe & Academy. All files are to be delivered virus free, worms and other potentially harmful or disruption code.
b) Content requirement: You must ensure that all digital content follows our Literary Globe & Academy guidelines. If you discover that content you have submitted does not comply, you must immediately withdraw the e-book or video, make the relevant changes and display onto the Literary Globe. We are entitled to remove your digital content for any reason if we determine that it does not comply with our content requirements.
c) We may also remove the following:
a) Digital Book’s jacket cover if for any reason it does not comply with the Literary Globe & Academy’s content requirement.
b) You may not include any advertising with the intention to advertise or promote products or services unless you are a Literary Service Provider or Author looking to promote your book
18. Digital Book Rejection: We reserve the sole right to accept or reject your digital books. We will inform you accordingly.
19. Digital Book withdrawal: You may deactivate your digital book account from sale at any time.
20. Marketing and promotion: You will have sole discretion in conducting all marketing and promotion for your book outside of the Literary Globe & Academy. The Literary Globe will support you during the marketing process.
21. Reviews: You are subject to the book reviews guideline on Literary Globe. We reserve the right to remove any review that violates the Literary Globe & Academy community guidelines.
22. Grant of rights: You grant Literary Globe and Academy, throughout the terms of this agreement, a nonexclusive right and license to distribute Digital Books. This right includes:
a) Store digital book on the Literary Globe & Academy computer facilities
b) Display, market, transmit and distribute the digital book.
c) Display and distribute your trademark or logo in the format you provide us or within the Digital book.
a) You agree to not bring a lawsuit or other legal proceedings against us and that any dispute or claim relating in any way to this agreement will be resolved by arbitration.
b) This agreement may not be amended, except in writing by both parties.
c) Each party will bear its own costs and expenses in performing this agreement.
23. Rights clearance and rights dispute (patent, copyright, trademark, privacy, defamation, and publicity): You confirm that you have the necessary clearances and licenses for the Digital books to permit us to make available this digital book on the Literary Globe.
You represent and warrant the following:
You have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and fully perform this agreement and will comply with the terms of this agreement
a) Prior to your delivery of any content, you have obtained all rights that are necessary for the exercise of this agreement.
b) The digital content will not infringe on the intellectual property rights, contractual rights, copyrights, trademarks, common law rights, rights of publicity, or privacy or moral rights, contain defamatory material or violate any laws or regulations of any jurisdiction.
c) All digital content will comply with the technical delivery specifications provided by us.
24. Ownership and control: You retain all ownership and copyrights to your Digital books and physical books.
a) We retain all ownership and copyrights to Literary Globe & Academy.
b) This agreement does not grant you any license or other rights to any intellectual property or technology owned or operated by us or any of our trademarks or trade name.
25. Confidentiality: You may not express unless you have written permission: Press release or make any other public disclosure regarding this agreement.
26. Limited Liability: The Literary Globe & Academy is not responsible or liable for loss of data and/or loss of profit. Publishers and/or authors writers cannot guarantee that Literary Globe & Academy will be protected from theft or misuse or that customers will comply with any content usage rules. We will have no liability arising from a failure of any security system.
27. Private and Public Events: Literary Globe & Academy takes no responsibility for any incident, theft or damage held at a private event or public event. The events are public on the Literary Globe. We will have no liability arising from any incident held at a private event.
28. Home Address Visibility: It is your responsibility to ensure that the icon indicating your private home address is kept at private. Should you wish your home address to become publicly visible it is your responsibility to keep yourself safe. The Literary Globe & Academy is not responsible for any incidents, theft or damage to your property. The Literary Globe & Academy will have no liability arising from any incident.
30. Our Platform: We try hard to make sure that our Platform is always available and working, but we cannot guarantee it will be. Occasionally things may not go as planned. We are continually improving our Platform. This means that we may modify or discontinue portions of our Platform. We will inform you accordingly.