Terms & Conditions
LiteraryGlobe Agreement. Terms and conditions.
This Agreement provides the terms and conditions of your participation in the LiteraryGlobe registered in the chamber of commerce in Amsterdam under number 34215076 as LiteraryGlobe.
This agreement is currently only available in English. Given the importance of this agreement, we would like you to study the agreement carefully, should you have any questions please email info@LiteraryGlobe.com and we will respond. This legal contract falls under Dutch law. If you do not accept the terms and conditions of the LiteraryGlobe you will not be allowed to use the it.
1. By simply registering you already agree to the terms and conditions. Your continued participation in the LiteraryGlobe will also indicate acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. This agreement is a binding agreement between the various members of the LiteraryGlobe global community such as writer’s (traditionally published and self-published), literary service provider’s, bookstores, publishers, readers, book villages, writing and book groups, libraries, and LiteraryGlobe or literaryglobe.com.
3. LiteraryGlobe website will change over time and this will mean that the terms and conditions will also change. We reserve the right to make the necessary changes when applicable. We will inform you of the changes to the terms and conditions by posting the new version with a revised date on the LiteraryGlobe website. The changes will be effective and immediate on the date we post them. You are responsible for checking for updates and your continuation of the LiteraryGlobe after we have made the changes will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
4. Changes to the terms of this agreement will be effective and binding on you from the date of posting or on the date you accept the changes, whichever first occurs. By simply registering you agree to the terms and conditions OR by the continued use of the LiteraryGlobe account. If you do not accept or agree with the changes, you must deactivate your profile account.
5. The term of this agreement will begin upon your acceptance and will continue until it is either terminated by LiteraryGlobe or by you.
6. We are entitled to terminate this agreement and your access to the LiteraryGlobe at any time. We will notify you of termination. You are entitled to terminate at any time. We may also suspend your LiteraryGlobe profile at any time with or without notice to you for discretionary reasons.
7. LiteraryGlobe is not liable for any false information posted on the LiteraryGlobe or expenses incurred due to false information posted on the website. We will do our very best to ensure that all the information is relevant and up-to-date but from time-to-time things might go wrong.
8. If you have a legal dispute arising from a 3rd party you will need to remove the book from sale or literary service until the legal issue has been settled.
9. When you create a mini-website profile, you agree that your information placed on the LiteraryGlobe is exposed to the internet and therefore made public.
10. 1 Month free trial / then $49 USD / Yearly (recurring for ongoing access) and readers are free.
11. Refunds will be only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
12. We accept currently only accept PayPal payments.
13. You are free to sell your book or literary services at an appropriate price that you deem suitable. The LiteraryGlobe takes no royalties from the sale of your book or literary service.
14. We get a fee from selected affiliated links.
15. If a payment dispute arises from the seller and the buyer please contact PayPal to settle the dispute. The LiteraryGlobe is not involved in the sale transaction between these 2 parties or any parties. The LiteraryGlobe takes no responsibility or liability for any sales.
16. You are responsible for all local taxes (e.g. VAT). You are responsible for any local taxes or income taxes that you might be liable for. Please consult your local accountant or tax advisor for more information.
17. Eligibility and registration:
a) You must be the age of majority where you reside, that you are of sound mind and able to form a legally binding contract. A parent or guardian of a minor can open a mini-website profile account and act as a publisher on behalf of the minor’s book.
b) You must ensure that all relevant information e.g. your name, address, and email is accurate and kept up to date. You may maintain only 1 account at a time. If we terminate your account, you will not be allowed to establish a new account. You will not use false identification or impersonate any other person or use a username or password you are not authorized to use. You authorize us, directly, to send relevant emails relating to the LiteraryGlobe.
c) You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your LiteraryGlobe username and password. You are responsible for all the literary activities that occur under your LiteraryGlobe mini-website profile account and will not use the account of a 3rd party. You will notify us immediately firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any unauthorized use of your username, password or account.
18. If you wish to create your own mini-website profile within the LiteraryGlobe you need to follow the on-line digital form guideline and provide the necessary information at your own expense.
19. You must ensure that all digital content follows our LiteraryGlobe guidelines. If you discover that content you have submitted does not comply, you must withdraw the content and make the relevant changes. We are entitled to remove your digital content for any reason if we determine that it does not comply with our content requirements.
20. We reserve the sole right to accept or reject your books or literary related services. We will inform you accordingly.
21. You may deactivate your book or literary related service from sale at any time.
22. You will have sole discretion in conducting all marketing and promotion for your book or literary related services at a physical location and not just on the platform.
23. You agree to not bring a lawsuit or other legal proceedings against us and that any dispute or claim relating in any way to this agreement will be resolved by arbitration.
24. This agreement may not be amended, except in writing by both parties.
25. Each party will bear its own costs and expenses in performing this agreement.
26. Rights clearance and rights dispute such as patent, copyright, trademark, privacy, defamation, and publicity. You confirm that you have the necessary clearances and licenses for the books or literary related services to permit us to make available on the LiteraryGlobe.
27. You have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and fully perform this agreement and will comply with the terms of this agreement.
28. Prior to your delivery of any content, you have obtained all rights that are necessary for the exercise of this agreement.
29. The digital content will not infringe on the intellectual property rights, contractual rights, copyrights, trademarks, common law rights, rights of publicity, or privacy or moral rights, contain defamatory material or violate any laws or regulations of any jurisdiction.
30. You retain all ownership and copyrights to your books or literary related services. We retain all ownership and copyrights to LiteraryGlobe. This agreement does not grant you any license or other rights to any intellectual property or technology owned or operated by us or any of our trademarks or trade name.
31. The terms and conditions cannot be made public within a press release or any public statement unless you have written permission from us.
32. The LiteraryGlobe is not responsible or liable for loss of data and/or loss of profit. We will have no liability arising from a failure of any security system.
32. LiteraryGlobe takes no responsibility or liability for any incident, theft or damage held at a private or public event. The events are public on the LiteraryGlobe.
33. It is your responsibility to ensure that the setting indicating your private home address is kept at private. Should you wish your home address to become publicly visible it is your responsibility to keep yourself safe. The LiteraryGlobe is not responsible or liable for any incidents, theft or damage to your property. The LiteraryGlobe will have no liability arising from any incident.
34. We try hard to make sure that LiteraryGlobe is always available and working, but we cannot guarantee it will be. Occasionally things may not go as planned. We are continually improving. This means that we may modify or discontinue portions of the Literary Globe. We will inform you accordingly.